Thursday, October 18, 2007

Stuff

So, it's just barely not Wednesday for you guys right now, so I only lied a little. The Photobucket site is: http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee127/kurtissrilanka. Thanks, sis.

While at the elephant orphanage, I was petting this elephant and then it grabbed my crotch with its trunk. I think it just thought it lost part of its trunk and was trying to get it back. (CONTEST ALERT! Think you're funnier than me? Post the joke you would have made in the comments section.)

A story that reminds me of something that happened to E-Dubbs happened to me at the hospital. I was looking at an X-ray of this patient's pelvis because she complained of joint pain with her other symptoms. They were checking to see if there was any inflammation in her hip joints with the X-ray. This was almost impossible to see and one of the doctors even missed it, so I was really staring at this X-ray. Then I see this outline and am like, "What is that?" Yeah, it was a perfect outline of a vagina, or I guess labia. I thought of Eric with his girlfriend and parents and just had to laugh.

I was thinking the other day about how kids back home are scared of monsters under the bed and in the closet. (See Monsters, Inc. for a full study.) I think here they don't have stuff like that. I think the kids ask their dad if they can check under their beds for giant spiders. And you know the dad's thinking, "Damn, there's gotta be at least one under there." So he checks and then starts screaming. The kid freaks out. Several minutes and a bloody baseball bat later, the dad tucks his kid back in and says goodnight. At least in America your parents know there's not going to be a Boogey Man in the closet. Here, that's the least of your worries. (Author's note, the actual spider was as big as a tarantula, just not hairy. If I held it in my palm, aside from the screaming, half of its legs would touch my fingers, the other half my wrist.)

I put the rest of my pictures up on Photobucket. I might put some descriptions on, but I don't know. Facebook has some more of me too.

I finished re-reading Harry Potter 7. I liked it better this time, but still not as much as 6 or 4. It didn't seem to drag on as much this time at least.

I don't think I ever gave a full account of my room. The house is like any normal house, just with flying cockroaches and other bugs. Lisette and I have rooms upstairs. My room is decent sized and it has a little bathroom in it. The bathroom is about 3.5 feet wide and 4.5 feet long at best. It has a toilet and after you're done peeing, you turn without moving and there's the sink. (That doesn't work so well for the girls.) But, there's also a showerhead coming out of the wall over everything. So, not only is it the size of a phonebooth, the shower gets everything soaking wet whenever I shower.

The kids at tsunami camp love it when I pick them up and spin them around or throw them in the air. I just hope I don't drop one.

I start at the women's hospital tomorrow, so I should get to see some cool stuff. For those of you planning on getting pregnant soon, I'll pick up some tips.

-Kurt

2 comments:

Craig said...

"Sweet Sweet Kandy" was an awesome title. It made me think of the episode where Homer had indecency allegations against him and the media surrounds his house with vans and helicopters. He came to the window in a bathrobe and when he was giving a statement, the wind blew his bathrobe open for all to see. That's why you wear a genuine sarong. Is the sarong game like gay chicken? Do people in other countries play those games? We know Dumbledore does for sure (but with Grindelwald?! I thought for sure it was Severus...). You know JK "outed" Dumbledore, right?

The "lies" game sounds awesome. You should tell Marieke that you got bit by a bat, but there's no mark... Also, you could tell Marieke that Kandy is where the game Candyland originated back in the 12th Century. I bet they wouldn't get it though, especially if they didn't even get the Kit Kat reference (don't they have commercials in other countries or do people just not watch as much TV as Americans?). What's it like telling an obviously funny joke and having no one laugh? It's one thing to say something that wasn't funny and the joke simply flops, but it must be demoralizing when the joke is actually funny.

Although I may win the contest by default, "...and it grabbed my crotch with its trunk. Wow! I haven't had a reach around like that since I was an altar boy!" or "...and it grabbed my crotch with its trunk. Ahhh. Nothing feels better than a good jerk...wait a second. This isn't mine...it feels slightly smaller..."

I saw the picture of you on the bottom of the blog page. I can't believe Killian used to be that small. She's big enough now to nip at Echo. Did you know Echo is living with us for a little while? Oh, and she sleeps in your bed. Just thought you'd like to know that. And she farts.

How do you survive with a phonebooth sized bathroom? Does the family ever wonder if something has happened to you when you don't emerge from the bathroom for hours at a time? Have you ever fallen into the toilet while showering? I know I'd slip.

The "T" at the Tea factory was funny. Not as good as my phalic Washington Monument though (keep reaching for that pinacle. I know I set a high mark.). The trees in those pictures look like something out of a fairy tale. Or a Magic Card. Either way, they look cool compared to our boring oaks and pines. I like how they literally translated "giving good head" for their shampoo. Do they have any other phrases in their country that are hilarious in translation? Megan (my friend that lived in England for a while) told me that they had a fabric softener scent called, "In the Pink." Megan laughed at a serious meeting and everyone asked her what was so funny. She then had to explain (in her first week on the job) how in America, "in the pink" would mean shoulder deep in pussy. While we're down this road, thanks for the picture of the elephant cock. Really.

Sounds like you're having a good time and you're with a good group. Keep the stories coming.

Lisa-sis said...

In spectacular Lisa fashion it tooke me forever to get the "T" picture. I kept staring at it thinking there had to be something significant there. It wasn't until I went to the next picture that I got it.

It takes me forever to figure out how to log in to this place! I can never remember my password!

Mom's coming to visit on Thursday. We're going to carve pumpkins, go to midnight yell, and watch the Aggies get their asses beat by Kansas. Should be a good time.