Sunday, December 9, 2007

Hmmm

We had a Christmas party with all the volunteers this weekend. The Projects Abroad staff took us to a nice hotel for dinner, which was really good food and gave us all santa hats. Oh yeah, also all the free booze we could drink. That was an important perk. We all got drunk.

I was in endoscopy this past week and it turns out that we, indeed, are full of shit.

I was also in the orthopedic ward this week and saw lots of cool X-rays. Some were of arms or legs that had been broken before, so they had metal plates fixing their bones. But they got into another accident and managed to break their metal plates. And this was in more than one X-ray. You'd think they'd use something stronger, possibly adamantium. I guess they're going to stick with Reynolds Wrap crushed into a bar for now at least.

We had another weekend at the beach. I love December. The son in our house said he has to move to a different room because "it's cold this time of year." He really needs to know what Wisconsin feels like. I might mail him some snow when I get back.

Oh yeah, back to endoscopy. This joke is mostly for Craig, but if there are any more closet Carlin fans out there, here you go. They stick this really long black camera with a light on it up your ass for a colonoscopy. That falls into the category "smaller than a fist" but it's much less loving than a dildo.

They had these guys dancing with fire at the club on Friday. They had little torches on the end of these ropes and were spinning them around. Then they let two of our girls try. I can't think of a worse idea.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually did hear Carlin talk about a rectal camera in one of his more recent stand ups...it is just as fantastic as a dildo.
love, dustin.

ok, now its alicia: it sounds like you are having fun, so that is good. but the aggressive monkeys worry me slightly. please come home in one piece without rabies. thanks. :)

Craig said...

Do you guys have to get "sensitivity training" when learning how to shove stuff up people's asses? Maybe the Los Angeles police could help you.

Given all the comments you've made about dangerous staircases and jagged edges, I'm guessing they don't have lawyers in Sri Lanka. Can you imagine a world without lawyers? (cue clip where everyone is holding hands and dancing around a rainbow) Craig shudders.

My finals will come to a merciful end tomorrow. I'm actually hoping just to pass my evidence final. I'll wait to check my grade until after you get home so you can hear me say, "D+. I got a D+? I...passed! D+! I'm gonna graduate! You know, D+ isn't a grade they like to give out.."